Sunday, July 20, 2008


Last week I mentioned my friend Peggy and her health problems...well, the breast cancer has metastasized, and she starts chemo this week...I think this picture symbolizes what I want...I want her to have more time...much more time...I am not ready to lose her...I am being selfish, but we are like sisters. She was my assistant librarian in the school where I worked in Maryland, and even though she moved to Florida, and I moved to New Jersey, we get together every other year, and we talk weekly on the phone. She has a beautiful daughter and a wonderful husband...none of us are ready to let her go!

2 comments:

Silena said...

Dear Susan,
More prayers for your friend, Peggy. May her chemo be successful and not too difficult for her and may she be your friend for many years to come!!

Janet Bernasconi said...

Dear Susan,

I'm so very sorry to hear that Peggy's cancer has metastasized. But that does not mean it's the end. We all dread the word cancer and think of it as a horrible word. Try as hard as you can to think positive and most of all to ask God to cure her. Remember that all things are possible with God. He can cure anything. You just have to believe. She is in my prayers and will continue to be in my prayers. I know she has a rough time ahead with chemo since it makes you kind of weak,but she will get strong again once it is over. The best thing is to be there for her and encourage her to fight it. Cancer can't win and it won't. Hang in there pink sis...
XOXO
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows