Sunday, March 14, 2010

Never iron a four leaf clover...


you don't want to press your luck!

Oh, groan! Sorry! But, being half Irish (Mother's side...Devine...her name Audrey Rose...faith and begorrah! Father's side...Dutch...makes me super stubborn though!)




I know the Ides of March is tomorrow, but enough of the "bewares"! We need to see green! Enjoy the rebirth of nature! Ancient Egypt had a god, Osiris, to
represent resurrection, and he was green! But, green does have a range of meanings...if you are inexperienced, you are green, but, if you are good with plants, you have a green thumb. Then, there is green with envy, and the Wicked Witch is green, and, when Dracula was performed on Broadway, his make-up was green. Yet, Oz is the Emerald City and traffic lights use green for "go." Like all colors, it provides us with hues of thought!

The Irish claim the color since St. Patrick used a shamrock to introduce Christianity to Ireland (each leaf representing one part of the Holy Trinity--the 4th represented God's grace). According to research, Eve carried a 4 leaf clover from Eden~so much for her luck! Even ancient civilizations played into the luck theme with the Druids and the Celts both considering it as lucky.

Currently, green is the code word for environmental issues...recycling...reusing...repurposing...which is what those of us in the antique/vintage world do daily. So, with that in mind...let me show you what arrived in the shop this week...pillows made from recycled sweaters...made in America!!! Yes!!! Soft, luxurious, unique!








They are as soft as they look...and, because these are not mass produced, each is truly unique in color and scope.

We are open weekends now that the snows have returned to the earth...and as you celebrate St. Patrick's Day this week, I leave you with an Irish blessing...

May you alway walk in sunshine.
May you never want for more.
May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.

5 comments:

laura said...

Susan, those pillows are gorgeous. You find some really neat things for your shop!

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

Love green and you made me love it even more and get a great laugh about Pressing our luck!
I just noticed that I have your blog wrong on my bloglist...will go fix it right now. I thought something was strange when I didnt see your blog come to the top.
I love your blogs, look forward to them,so clever!
Pillows fantastic!

gail said...

Color me green with envy! I love, love the sweater rose pillows. Just gorgeous! I hope spring is right around the corner for you and my squirrel friends!
Have a pretty week, (()) gail

Angie of That Funky Boutique said...

:-) The pillows are beautifully displayed! :-) So glad you are liking them...it is my pleasure to have them in your store.

Marie said...

HI Susan,
I have been thinking of you lately so I stopped by. I love the sweater pillows. They must feel wonderful.
Marie