Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ain't That Ducky

and other spring pots...

I know "ain't" coming from an English teacher's fingertips is rather outrageous, but it was actually a 1945 Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoon featuring Daffy Duck. I thought these little ducky cache pots were appropriate for the Easter season.

I love cache pots (or cachepots). The term traces its roots to Old French meaning an ornamental container for a flowerpot or literally pot-hider. Of course, if you are a computer geek, cache is now "a fast storage buffer in the central processing unit of a computer." I like pot-hider so much better!

Flower pots with no drainage fall into this category. They were usually gift vases or planters and had liners sometimes. I just love the whimsy...There are all kinds of these planters...







All for fun...





And, in the spirit of the season, hope your day is full of love, family, and relaxation!
Not a planter, but whimsical..."NB" (Noisy Boy~if you heard him, you would know why the name!) in the ivy! Happy Spring!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Susan, your blog posts are always so informative. And your kitty is adorable!

Brenda @Just a Bed of Roses said...

Susan, you have spring fever at the Dutch Rose. And "aint" Noisy cat enjoying life too just rolling in the ivy waiting for his kodak moment snapshot.
Are you farming today or taking the day off for the Easter Holiday?

Cindy Geilmann said...

What perfect duck pots. Happy Easter to you too.

cindy@stitches

THE SPICE CUPBOARD said...

Happy Easter Susan....wishing you an early start to your season! Let spring/summer prevail! Judy

Shellie said...

I love those little planters too. I have on with 2 blue birds. I'm not sure where to put it but I'm keeping it around. Love your cat rolling around too. I love cats.