Sunday, May 13, 2012

"Grown don't mean nothing to a mother.

 A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown? What's that suppose to mean? In my heart it don't mean a thing. ~Toni Morrison, Beloved, 1987

I will be with my 85...soon to be 86... year old mother today.   True...in her mind, I am still a child...it is difficult for her to understand that I am looking at Social Security as something more than a line on my paycheck.

I have a great admiration for women who are mothers...especially the single mother who is working and trying to support a family.  I see many of them in my college classes.  I never had children...I knew it was something that I could not handle.  I wanted to teach, and I just did not think I was a good multi-tasker. 

So, today is a simple post...no wrapped present or card or gift certificate makes up for your being with your Mom...and, if she is no longer with you, maybe take some time think about a special moment you shared.   Remember, it is not always about stuff...it is about love...be nice!

"You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool Mom."  ~  Unknown



1 comment:

Linda Justin said...

Susie have a great time with your mother today!