Saturday, July 1, 2017

“Persistence.

Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.”  
~Criss Jami

I have heard a couple times in the past week..."Gosh, you are never open..."  Well, folks for 25 years I was open fairly consistently for 6 days a week in season, but this year life just seemed to step in, and I decided life was important.  I wanted to support World Giraffe Day...it was on a Wednesday morning at the zoo, and I went.  I had spent March and April following April the giraffe and her pregnancy, and I did become a little infatuated with giraffes.  Who knew they were going extinct?
Then about 2 weeks ago I read about a missing puppy on Facebook.  Now, I am an Avalon certified cat feeder (yes, I even have an official badge), and, since the puppy was from around my 30th street tribe, I became involved.  And, so for 10 days, I was part of a "rescue" squad on the search for Molly, the elusive bichon, and, finally last Sunday, her Mommy and I were able to catch her...this is from her visit to vet where we took her immediately after we found her...she is recovering nicely...so is her Mom!
Every evening I walked the streets of Avalon following leads and sightings.  Some interesting things did show up as we searched.  I saw the "marble house" being "deconstructed"...


At least they are saving the marble...talk about conspicuous consumption through!  But, the giant houses in the dunes present a unique perspective to shore life, for sure!

Then I have my 91 year old mother in assisted living down the road, and the company changed hands in the winter, and I have not been real thrilled with the situation.  So, I have been dealing with that.  Sometimes I think people have more respect for stuff than people!  Our elder care could use a Roadshow of its own to highlight care across this country.
In the meantime, I have been trying to get things in the shop...many have asked for these soaps...the egg soaps and Sea Salt...they are from a Rhode Island company, and they are back in stock.

And I am finding some treasures among things I have had packed up for many moons...
So, if you need to contact me...email dutchrose@comcast.net or message me on Facebook...I am trying to get back to my regular schedule...10:30-4:30...
In the meantime. as one of the signs in the shop says...
because...

“There comes a moment when you realize what matters the most in your life. Let that moment be now and that matter be your love and kindness.” 
~ Debasish Mridha
   

No comments: